FAMILIARIZATION PROGRAMME FOR INDEPENDENT DIRECTORS
Schedule IV of the Companies Act, 2013 and the Regulation 25(7) of the SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 mandates the Company to familiarize the Independent Directors in the following areas:
To adopt a structured programme for orientation and training of the Independent Directors at the time of their joining so as to enable them to understand the Company- its operations, business, industry and environment in which it functions.
The Company shall follow a structured orientation and training programme for the Independent Directors to understand and get updated on the business and operations of the Company on a continuous basis.
The Program aims to provide insights into the Company to enable the Independent Directors understand their roles, rights and responsibilities and to get updated on the Company’ Business & Operations so that they may contribute significantly to the Company.
Roopa Industries Limited (“RIL”) proposes to implement the following programmes to familiarize the Independent Directors with the Company:
- Industry overview, Business model of the Company and a brief introduction about the Company, its subsidiaries and Associates, its Mission, Vision and Values Statement and providing Latest Annual Report.
- A detailed appointment letter incorporating the role, duties and responsibilities is issued.
- Providing Code of Conduct for Prevention of Insider Trading and Code of Conduct for Directors and Senior Management.
- Providing an overview of the Roles, functions, Duties, Responsibilities and liabilities of Independent Directors as provided in the Companies Act, 2013 and Criteria of Independence applicable to the Independent Director as per SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 and Companies Act, 2013.
- Providing an overview of Directors Responsibility Statement forming part of Board’s Report.
- Visit to work locations and sites and apprise them of the operational and sustainability aspects of the plants to enable them to have full understanding on the activities of the Company and initiatives taken on safety, quality and research initiatives.
- Board evaluation process and procedures.
REVIEW OF THE PROGRAMME
The Board will review this Program and make revisions as may be required.
DISCLOSURE OF THE PROGRAMME
The details of such familiarization programmes shall be disclosed on the Company’s website and a web link for the same shall also be provided in the Annual Report of the Company.